Political influence is conducted through an industry of consultants, technology companies, and platforms. The role of the industry in politics is extensive, shrouded in mystery, and can have serious consequences for our political experience and consequently social and economic life.
The Influence Industry Project supports civil society to respond to the influence industry through three areas of work. Firstly, we share research and case studies detailing how political influence takes place worldwide. Secondly, through our learning hub and workshops, we provide a guided tour of research, frameworks and skills to build the capacity of professionals monitoring, regulating or otherwise working on political influence. Finally, we support the engagement of concerned citizens by developing resources on digital and political literacy. All of our published research, audio and visual materials, and commentary are also available on the resources page.
- Project lead: Amber Macintyre
- Project coordination: Cassiane Cladis
To find out more, queries on our workshops, or to join our informational mailing list, please get in touch with us by email, with reference to the influence industry project:
email@example.com (GPG Key fingerprint: BDEE 1F9A 94DB CDB4 EB3F 2D17 ED37 47E6 87A4 9D27)
- Strategic direction: Stephanie Hankey
- Project direction: Christy Lange
- Product lead: Laurent Delleré
- Web design & illustrations: Yiorgos Bagakis, Bernadette Geiger
- Web developing: Yiorgos Bagakis, Laurent Delleré, Bernadette Geiger, Emily Harding, Saqib Sohail
- Tech support: Jacopo Anderlini, Danja Vasiliev
- Financial team and grant management: Ngan Nguyen, Daniela O'Halloran
- Contributors: Varoon Bashyakarla (previous co-project lead), Gary Wright (previous co-project lead)
Special thanks to everyone at Tactical Tech and all our friends, partnerships, and fellow organisations who have shared their work, expertise, and enthusiasm for this project.
The Swedish Postcode Foundation
The Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency